Patagonia Women’s Calcite Jacket Black
Our light yet durable, packable GORE-TEX shell built with Paclite® Plus Technology and 100% recycled face fabric is fully featured to keep you equipped and dry from summer thunderstorms to full winter conditions above the tree line. Fair Trade Certified sewn.
From summertime thunderboomers through spring snowfall, on an alpine rock or backcountry tours, our Calcite Jacket stays light, durable and stormproof. It’s built with a packable 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX Paclite® Plus fabric that has a 100% recycled polyester face and a special textured backer for next-to-skin comfort. The hood is alpine helmet-compatible, with a laminated visor and an easily adjustable single pull. Pit zips help ventilate, its zippers repel water, and three secure pockets (exterior left chest and two hand warmers) hold your valuables. With minimal self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures, a dual-adjust drawcord hem and DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Fair Trade Certified sewn.
- Light and packable 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX Paclite® Plus fabric with a 100% recycled polyester face and a special textured backer for next-to-skin comfort
- Alpine helmetcompatible hood with laminated visor and single-pull adjustment
- Coated, watertight center-front zipper and welted, DWR (durable water repellent)-treated venting pit zips
- Exterior left-chest pocket with coated, watertight zipper and welted handwarmer pockets have DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zips
- Minimal self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures
- Dual-adjust drawcord hem seals out weather
- Fair Trade Certified sewn
- 411 g (14.5 oz)
2.5-layer, 3.4-oz 75-denier 100% recycled polyester plain-weave GORE-TEX Paclite® Plus shell with a textured backer and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fair Trade Certified sewn
GORE-TEX Paclite® Technology garments are made from a GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to an outer shell material, then covered by a protective layer made of an oleophobic (oil hating) substance and carbon. The benefit: an extremely lightweight, packable garment. Special GORE-SEAM® tape technology ensures that all seams are 100% waterproof.
The GORE-TEX membrane has 9 billion pores per square inch, with each pore 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet. These tiny holes are too small for water and wind to pass through from the outside. But these same pores are large enough for moisture vapor to pass through, so your body’s perspiration is able to escape and you won’t feel clammy or uncomfortable inside your jacket.
Fair Trade Certified
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.